Pretty in Pastel

~* Jordank's Blog *~

Sunday, April 02, 2006

New Jersey....Only the strong survive


Yeah so I know this was last weekend. But whatever i'm a little behind as always.

I left friday night to go down to New Jersey, Jersey City to be exact. I went down to see my bro and to see the Stanley theatre because well I never have. OMG ! This place is fantastic. Brief history hmm. Well it was built in the 1930's (warning my memory is shot, so do not quote any of this) It was used to have play's and even some movies. So it has amazing wall paintings, crystal chandeliers, fountains, the whole 9. So eventually the building got very run down and was just left to be. Well it was bought by the Society in the 1980's and completely restored, looking even better then before. It now holds 5,000 people and used for assembly's.

Enough history. So I took a short tour friday, then headed a block over to stay with Lady Parada. Yes thats her name . Saturday was work weekend. Over 400 volunteers from Jersey and New York Rbc's came to help. I was put on my excellent crew of sound. With two brothers who I have named sparky and short circuit. It felt just like home with Richy Jar. So it was cool because I got to see the entire in and out of the theatre, and got to fix some stuff. At the end of the day the "stanley" family as I call them, which were the caretakers and some locals all had dinner together. It was really cool, tons of food, beverages, and then we played mafia. haha good stuff Then Danny came to visit the theatre, at like 9 and cut Reem and I hair. i'm cute Then I brought home danny, and stupid me I left the keys to lady's apartment at the theatre. Well it was 2 in the morning and the theatre was closed and all the caretakers were asleep. What do u do? Go to the theatre wake everyone up, call the super, or sleep in the car? Well we decided to go to Lady's parents house down the road, but when we went to open the door it was still locked and we woke her Columbian Mama-seetah up. OI DIOS MIO, QUE PASO, QUE PASO ha that was a good laugh.

Sunday after only a few hours of sleep. We went to spanish meeting. Moi bien. Then went back to theatre for WT study and experiences. On sunday there were 500 volunteers. Then we had lunch together. After, went to Lady's and took a coma aka a super super long nap. Woke up, went back to the theatre said my goodbyes, and headed to Holobokyn. It's this cool little town right on the water on the other side of Manhatten. That's where I took the pics. Went to a thai restaurant with Tk, Pk, and my african uncle ben. I should know my lesson not to eat ethnic food before a long car road , oh well. All and all a spectacular weekend. Jersey has not see the last of me. We didn't have time to do anything in NYC, even though it's less then 15 min away, so that's the next adventure. StAy tUnEd.....

Oh and this week we had the Co for half the week. And then Sub Co for the other half. So ive been super busy with all that good stuff. Dat's it.

0 People Heart Me:

Post a Comment

<< Home