Pretty in Pastel

~* Jordank's Blog *~

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

So This Is The New Year . . .

and I don't feel any different. -death cab for cutie-

I always feel like when it's a new year that's a good song to listen to. Any who it's 2008 and ain't life great? bahh. My 2008 has started out pretty much how every other year has, i'm home with a sinus infection haha. I did have grand plans for myself involving a fireplace, chair lift, and hot ta tee's. But I takes what I can get.

Ok so the week of thanksgiving, or should I say thanksgiving I went ice skating in prov. It was super warm out I think around 60F, so the ice was kinda melty. I was trying to be fancy and bust out my Bryan Boitano moves, yeah I said it Bryan Boitano, but the fell a little. The fall itself did not hurt it was the fact that the center of the ice was a small pond so I just slide for a couple of feet, got up and shook it off. Of course to everyone else on the ice... I peed myself. My pants were pretty soaked. Oh well. Then wandered pretty much through the entire city looking for a place to eat. Note to self : Diners in coventry are the only places to eat on holidays. Good eye kanye we found it.

Black Friday was then upon us. It was also the same day as sarah and caleb's wedding. I worked in the morning and experienced utter consumer chaos demanding cell phones and remote car starters as well as "whats on sale"? Nothing is on sale, go away so I can eat lunch you savages! Wedding was a lot of fun. Congrats to the couple. I had a fun car group and pre-party which made it that much better. The yacht club looked really good. Ive been their a lot over the years for weddings and showers, but this was prob the nicest I've ever seen it. Tons of food, cup cake cake (yeah that's what it was a cup cake wedding cake), and beverages of course. Then I danced a bit and went home.

Sunday the 30th of November went up to Jimney Peak in Ma for 1st season ride. I was rocking my new burton ginger 137cm board. She's a beut. I'm so happy I bought it. Conditions were really good
for early season. Not a lot of trails open, but enough to get a full day in. In the picture I'm holding a giant snowball. I think we invented a new winter game. Basically you take a big snowball one person starts at the top of the mountain and you pass it while moving. And see how big it is when you get to the bottom, because people of course drop it. It was a lot of fun, although super super dangerous. None of us crashed though, thank goodness.

Service has been ok. It's been tough because it gets dark by 4:15 so it's tough to stay out and or get people to stay out when it's dark. Not only that but between black ice and snow storms it's very dangerous believe it or not. I'll tell you why it's dangerous in the next section.

December 6th was Joe and Cheryl k's 32nd anniversary. Aww so nice. I got my mom some stuff for her trip, and Joe k has been really wanting a car starter for those wonderful winter mornings. The next week (2nd week of December) We got our first snow storm. So what did i do? I was at work and was sent home early....so I went snowboarding, but of course. Me and Trev went to yagoow, yup I have enough pride to say I went to the good Ol valley of yagoow. Getting there, that was another story. The roads were horrible. The old saab couldn't get up 3 different hills that I had to take detours around. But once we go there, wow I love powder. It was like riding on pure fluff. I actually went off a jump once and messed up the landing and simply hit the ground, and it felt like jumping in my bed. It was fun till I smashed my pinkie on the chairlift. I didn't break it or anything just bruised the joint, or that's what Dr. Brown said. I just kept it rapped for a couple of days, it's ok now.

So that dangerous story I referred to before. The week of Christmas I go into work one morning and find that my boss was at the hospital. He was walking in front of our store that morning going to the laundry mat and slipped on the ice on the ground and broke his leg. In fact he cracked the the bone, so that he needed a ten inch metal plate put in ewww. I felt so horrible for him. It also served as a warning to be super careful on ice. And it was tough too because our store was so slammed. And we were a man down. Poor Craig is home recouping.

Christmas. I went to Okemo, Vt for some snowboarding. Miss Bria arranged a big group to go boarding, and I guess 2 other jw's had gotten groups together so the lodge was packed. Okemo is a good sized mountain that had 109 trails open. It was just fun seeing so many different people and riding with different groups all day. I got to go to board park at the end of the day and hit a fun box. Ugh and did my first Double Diamond (I peed a little). A couple of kids got pretty banged up though. One guy broke 1 if not two of his legs on a jump. Nicole's brother grant got a black eye. And poor Emily F collided with some obnoxious old man who thought he could snowboard. But everyone was ok, and surprisingly I sustained no injuries, at least this weekend. But have no fear, the season has just begun....

Oh and all these last pictures were brought to you by my super sweet new Panasonic 7.3mp 6x digital camera (heck yes).

0 People Heart Me:

Post a Comment

<< Home