Pretty in Pastel

~* Jordank's Blog *~

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Happy 2 years...



to me.

Folks it has been 2 years since I started posting nonsense about useless things in my life.
And for the past 2 years you have been hanging on every word. So thanks for sticking with it. And maybe here is to another 2 years. That is of course if the computers haven't taken over and have turned us into cyborgs. So if were not cyborgs, i'll see you again in another 2 years. ~peace out~

Ha just kidding.

Wow, so much has happend since last posting end of july. The biggest reason why I have not posted is because I spent the month of August in service. No really. I ate, slept, preached, and went to the bathroom a couple of times. I did my usual..... Which was got myself behind on my service year. For those of you who don't know 840 hours is needed in a service year. As of August 1st I had 743 hrs. Math skill will tell u that 97 hours were needed. whoa. And I always like to try to hit more then that. And I am very happy to say with the support of many, lots of coffee, soup, and praying I made my time. I actual got over. This was a huge accomplishment and I am so happy I was able to do it again. So thanks to everyone out their who supported, I couldn't have done it without u.

In the meantime of all that. Phil k got married. Congrats to deann and phil. Now I can officially say wedding season is over. And what a busy one it was. Phil's wedding was also the same weekend as the west hartfort qb. So I was able to go one day and help out the sound crew with some wiring (if only there were more hours in a day).

Tommyk came to visit. I have not seen my brother or really spoken to him in almost a year. So this was a nice treat. Also the weekend tom came down my aunt and cousins came in from upstate ny to visit. Also another treat because I do not get to see them often or in this case I met baby grace for the first time. Tom and I went to Nh to contact some indonesians in service. I worked with the english hall and met some nice people while tom and mr justin gaines talked to them. We then went to spicy dave restaurant. I got to experience indonesian food for the first time, neat. I had the coolest thing an avacado smoothie? I know sounds weird, ney. It is delicious. So after a nice weekend with fam, tom went home, which I guess is asia and the other fam returned to ny.

August (18th) also brought salsa weekend. It's a big festival in prov part of waterfire. It is always a good time, and yes it was. So many people from all over the place were visiting. It was nice to meet up with the noho/spring/west mass girls. Went to trinity brew house mmmm. Then danced my little gringa heart out.

August (sundays) also brought kayaking and hiking. Care of miss nanny hassord, who loves to get me lost in the woods. One particular adventure involved a group of 10 being lost in the woods with nothing but a small flashlight and my cell phone in the pitch dark = not cool. Although the exercise was nice. But being chased by a fishercat was not. (later i realized it was my dog reba) I don't want to talk about it.

September! So happy to see it. I took a couple of days off in august once my time was completed, one beach day. Or should i call it a jordan sunburn day. Then it happend. I got a cold. Are you really surprised? So that's what i've been doing for the past two weeks, trying to beat that. It's finally leaving me, although I think it wishes it could stay another week.

We had the visit of mr roussin our sub co. Nice nice. It was a very encouraging visit, esp with the edition of a (maybe) but (prob) four new pioneers. The groups have been really good and it seems like everyone is in really good spirits. So that has been my life. 2 years of blogging, a lot of service, some fun stuff, some not so fun stuff, and a new service year and hope's for a summer off, the key their is hopes lol.

Oh and last but certainly not least. I'm planning my winter trip to indo to seem tom. I just purchased tickets to get me as far as cali. Perhaps a short detour to see miss corto, and then off to the orient. But don't worry I will blog the heck outta that vacation.

This weekend.......well you'll have to wait and read. C ya

0 People Heart Me:

Post a Comment

<< Home