Pretty in Pastel

~* Jordank's Blog *~

Monday, October 02, 2006

The Raconteurs...The Big E...Jamie Cullum... And HAPPY 1 YEAR OF BLOGGING


I posted 8 days ago, yet I have so many updates...

Starting with, I've been blogging for 1 year. That's right, over the past year you people have continued to waste minutes if not hours each week sitting at a computer reading my useless story's and trying to understand my inside jokes. I salute all of you out there, getting fatter by the moment. haha, but no really thanks for staying with me for a year of blogging and onto another one. And for kicks, click on september 2005 and read my first Big E post, not a whole lot has changed.

Thurday night, I went to see the Raconteurs at Lupos. The opening band was Dr. Dog or as I called them Dr. "Db". They were horrible. I clapped and cheered when they said it was there last song. Ahh but the Raconteurs, there were amazing. I was impressed too, because I assumed it was going to be the Jack White show, ney actually Brendan Benson, the other guitar player, ended up doing more singing and more solos then jack white. I really enjoyed his voice. After the show, some idiot at the idea to go to the after party. The Alt vault, blah, I felt like if I touched the walls, I would get herpies. Stayed literally 10 minutes, just long enough to score free junk from BRU, then made my way home.

Friday went to dinner at Billias. Now I know the name Billias in spanish mean Biles, ie vomit, but I gotta tell you the food was Moi Bien. Then I went to Perks and Corks and saw some guy's I went to WHS with playing music. They were super good, and I even sat in on drum (djembe) with them. Saturday did not get up for service, instead met up with Marsha and her friend and went to the big E.

Ahh the Big E. I heart it more and more every year. We got there walked around, I ate a Corn Dog, it was good. Then met up with a bunch of people. No I am not naming them all, and even if I did I would use nick names and you wouldnt get it anyways. The Big E had a circus. It was actually very impressive, because the Quick Change Magicians (they were on America doesnt have talent) were there and they performed. I wish I could get dressed that fast. Then we played some games, I rode the swings a lot, general marymaking of sorts. I have a video of us on the swings on my phone, If i can figure out how to post it I will. Ate some more food, fajita's, and on the way to the bathroom found a slushy, haha. Then someone had a hint of crack showing, I grabbed a quarter, ran over and made a wish. No it didnt come true, but it made for great laughs/me apoligizing a lot, BIG SHOCKER.


The Next day, Sunday went with the Kenyons to there meeting. Then poped into Chinease to say hi to some people, when I run into AC, who clearly is not learning chinease. That was funny. Went on a chinease call, had some lunch, then headed to New Haven for Jamie Cullum.

Jamie Cullum. I went again with all of my family, pp's brother, and Billy G. In a previous post, I saw Jamie play about 4 months ago at Foxwoods. We had front row there, and I joked how I got to touch him, (shook his hand, whatever). Well in New haven we had 2nd row. But it was straight out of a Dane Cook sketch, because I was in the woofer. I couldnt hear anything, so I moved to a farther back seat. I ended sitting with PP's brother who I just met, talk about funny. But at the end of the show, Jamie once again called everyone on stage, and me, nick, and little lisa rushed it. I'm dancing next to Jamie's piano when oh thats right, he said excuse me and walked past me to play. So i'm standing 2 inches from him while he played. I got some nice pics and a great video, that I will try to post. And yes again I touched him. His hair was really nappy, but i still heart him. His show was great (see i told you gavin) Oh ya him and his possy was there as well. hollar. Jamie even played Sexy Back, which I thought was great. After the show went to a Greek diner and stuffed myself. And got home at 130 and to take a coma.


Today I did nothing! Im still in my pj's at 7pm. I'm waiting for my monday night shows, then back to bed. Tomorrow back to reality. But I gotta say it was one heck of a week. Oh and for anyone keeping score, 3 days and couting left!

4 People Heart Me:

At 10/02/2006 5:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous People Heart Me...

one nice pic of me screaming on that gigantic swing and two why is brianna so mad in that picture?? yes yes the big e was grand, and no no i will never ride the never-ending swings...:/ i think im still sick

 
At 10/02/2006 5:42 PM, Blogger Justine D People Heart Me...

HA! Now I can say I know what you did last summer and really know it!!

 
At 10/03/2006 8:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous People Heart Me...

corto: say it with me....B-R-I-A-N-A. briana. oy. not so mad, just be ridiculous. oh actually probably mad that we walked around the big e for about forever and a day b4 finding the stupid friggin circus. points to remember: MARTINI BAR! and never ever ride the never endings swing. i think i left my stomach at the fairgrounds.

 
At 10/04/2006 12:27 PM, Blogger arkaoss People Heart Me...

hey Jordan K, how come philly K neva get's mo luv?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home